see the whole forum
and post comments.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome

Make an account, so you can
see new posts marked,
see the whole forum
and post comments.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013

Go down

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Empty Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013

Post by Hunny Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 am

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Reading__________________________________________________________

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  BBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  IBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  TBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  SBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EmptyBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  ABits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  NBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  DBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EmptyBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  PBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  IBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  CBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  S

__________________________________ issue five - january 2013 ______

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8382780341_4ca771fcf9_m

From BigLin...

The New Year's a time to reflect on what's gone past and what might lie
ahead. Last year this forum saw a steady growth in membership and some
excellent new members providing exceptional contributions. For the last
few years our members have voted for the person they consider the most
outstanding contributor to the board during the previous year. In 2009 it
was Anna, in 2010 Sadie, in 2011 Jumbo and in 2012 Hunny. All of them in
different ways bring so much to this forum and help to make it a success.

We're always looking to improve and welcome any suggestions as to how
we could make this board better. Please let me or my staff members have
your ideas - we are a listening board! Smile We have a real balance of topics,
interests and members from all over the world. I've always tried to make
this board a happy place where we can have fun and get along but also
a place where we can discuss the great issues of the day. Hopefully we
are able to provide something for everyone but like I said we welcome
new ideas! I hope the New Year brings everyone happiness and fulfillment.
We will do our best to help you enjoy your online experience on this forum!

Gibby!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Zfemales0173

Congratulations! Smile

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8373128544_f8276a403b_m

Our new mod and most favorite new member, so we made her member
of the month, is: Gibby! She is "Queen of the Polls" over at Buzz Box, the
new site she started with Deyana. Go see it. It's great! The picture is a link.

Our Gibby is a retail manager who wants to one day run her own business.
Born in France, with blonde hair and blue eyes, she has two boys, loves to
run, loves pizza ("cant live without it"), has one sister ("My sister inspires me,
she beat cancer 3 years ago, she is my hero."), her favorite word is bootielicious,
her favorite song is Elvis's 'Burnin' Love', and she prefers the city to live
("I would be too bored living in the country , I need to be close to shops,
clothes shops in particular and I need the night life a city provides.").

When asked of her history online, she told us, "I only started posting on forums
like these about 6 months ago. I joined Spoons, I came across it quite by
accident searching for something else, took a look and thought I'd join. Then
I was invited by Deyana in a PM to go to SunnyDS , so I did. From there I was
invited by Rusty to join the Break Room (he's a mod on there). And I think I
looked up Bits from someone's web site link, it might have been yours (Hunny)."

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Comedians

COMIC QUOTES
'Deep Thoughts' - by Jack Handey

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the
police, but then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started
wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

You know what it is that frightens ants the most? It's not the anteater,
and it's not the steamroller. No wait, it is the steamroller. I got mixed up.

I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since
he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.

If you're at a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing, or the
cranberry sauce, or anything else, just pretend you're eating it, and
instead put it into your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then later,
when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big cough
and throw the ball to the ground, then say, "Boy, these are good cigars."

______________________________________________________________________________________
Delusions of A
Hopeful Pessimist

by Sadie1263

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8261859407_6483b04a0b_m

Sadie is married, with three grown sons and nine dogs.
She works for a family business, loves reading (just about
everything), watches a lot of TV and does a lot of dog walking!!

What kind of sick person are you?
I think I’m absolutely wonderful. I am, however, told something quite differently. I recently had a really nasty bout of bronchitis. Kept me home for almost two weeks. I choked, I coughed so much and so hard I hurt, and I slept. I was hot.....I was cold......I was clammy......it was not a lot of fun at all.

Now how I look at it.........I just want to be left alone. What about that makes me difficult? However......my husband wants to call me and see how I’m doing. He comes by and checks on me.....and he wakes me up insisting I eat, drink or whatever. I try to be civil......but after he calls me, my parents call me, my sister calls me and a couple of others..........so by the afternoon.......I may not answer quite as civilly as in the morning. I admit that. But really.....is that my fault?

If I want something to eat or drink......I will probably get up and get it......or ask for it. Otherwise.......just leave me alone......hearing.....”wow.....you look like hell" or "you sound like crap”.....does not cheer me up or make me feel better. Being woken up for someone to ask if I am resting well....more than slightly irritates me.

So I ask......is it really me being unreasonable or should all of them just know by now......to just randomly check and see if I’m breathing and go away?

Again......how horrible can a sleeping person be?

My husband on the other hand......wants to be checked on.....served food and babied through whatever illness. He gets bored and wants company.......he wants to chat. Come sit with him. Scratch his back.......rub his feet........while I on the other hand.....am afraid I’m going to catch it.....so I would rather just shoot him his food with a slingshot. Don’t get me wrong.....I have not done that (as of yet)........but I don’t understand his constant need for mothering. Is it a guy thing? I don’t know.

Now...I’ve thought about this......what if I infected him with whatever I had right at the beginning? Nope....that probably wouldn’t work because he would still want to be waited on........nope.....I would probably, accidentally axe murder him.........and he would again accuse me of being a grumpy sick person........Maybe just one of those giant sliding bars that they used to put across the doors of castles.......and some boiling oil and a cannon.........that might just work.

Somehow though.........I still think I’ll get accused of being an unreasonable sick person...........

______________________________________________________________________________________________
mikemarshall

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Angryboy

Husband to BigLin who founded the site, Mike Marshall is a retired
college lecturer with a PhD in Philosophy. He and Lin have been
together 15 years - married for 12 - and have a son who's eleven
and a daughter aged seven. They make their way together, buying
and renovating real estate to sell and let. Here is a brilliant article
which he was kind enough to write for us.

Law and Justice
The earliest known legal code dates back around three and a half thousand years to the laws of Hammurabi. Other relatively ancient legal traditions also survive through records and oral accounts.

The first known discussion of what exactly constituted justice was formulated by Plato. He adopted the form of a dialogue between characters and in the case of the relevant portion of his work the consideration of the question took place in the form of an exchange between Socrates and Thrasymachus.

In essence Plato's Socrates declared that justice was when everyone fulfilled their alloted function in life while Thrasymachus maintained that justice was simply 'the interest of the stronger.' His words have been interpreted in two possible ways, one as an argument in favour of totalitarian or at least absolute rule, the other as an argument that there is no such thing as true justice and that all law simply represents a particular group using it as an instrument of oppression against others.

I freely confess that I find the case made by Thrasymachus almost impossible to refute. It is abundantly clear that Socrates uses wholly specious and dishonest arguments and all the logic of the argument is with his opponent.

All the same, sympathetic though I am to his diagnosis I find it hard to accept it as the whole answer. Law that is devoid of any genuine moral content certainly is nothing more than a means of tyrannising over people but law that is based upon moral principles is at least attempting to uphold something more than simply the interests of a privileged elite.

Recently I have been re-reading Sir Henry Maine's 'Ancient Law' which is a classic and of interest to the general public rather than simply lawyers. Maine wrote in the mid-Victorian era when the law in England was slowly changing and he looked back as far as the time of ancient Greece and Rome, also taking in Indian, Chinese and other civilisations. His conclusion seems to me to be inescapable; that the original unit of society was the family and that as family units began to form into wider groups and eventually into communities of relatively large size it became necessary to devise some means of regulating disputes between them.

The American philosopher Robert Nozick put forward what he described as the 'entitlement theory' in his book 'Anarchy, State and Utopia.' His theory rests on three basic principles, as follows:

The principle of justice in acquisition - in other words, how property and wealth originally came to be owned by some people, what types of property may be legitimately owned and similar considerations.

The principle of justice in transfer - This attempts to explain how ownership can be controlled from one person to another.

The principle of rectification of injustice - this is his attempt to explain how to deal with the problem of property or wealth that has been unjustly acquired and how victims of such injustice can be compensated, Nozick includes acts committed by government as well as individuals or groups such as criminal gangs.

Nozick also subscribes to the notion of the state of nature which Maine, with considerable justice and force, demonstrates to be a misunderstanding of the two traditions of Roman law. If we begin from a presumption that the earth as originally inhabited by humans was owned by no one and that only the labour of families created any sense of ownership of a particular place or dwelling built upon it then the further leap from such immediate and direct contact between the act of labour and the fruits thereof is self-evident. When we go on from that to deal with larger units where, for instance, some people carry out certain tasks and others do not and those who do receive some kind of remuneration for their efforts from those who do not we are approaching a far more complex situation.

For instance, the bulk of 'land' in Britain and the United States was stolen from the inhabitants by an elite, entirely in accordance with the principles of Thrasymachus. Very little of it was genuinely 'transferred' by any kind of consensual mechanism.

In the same way once such land and other assets had been 'acquired' those who now possessed them created 'laws' to safeguard their possession. Thus it is that governments whose very existence rests upon confiscation on a scale that would make a Mafia Don embarrassed proceed to pass 'laws' to prevent citizens from contesting their 'ownership' of the assets in question.

What is more if one studies ancient law the further back one goes the less many actions that are considered to be crimes today fall under that category. The law even now recognises a difference between wrongs and crimes and in the olden days wrongs were treated as a civil matter between individuals and the very concept of an act that was criminal against the state was literally an incoherent one that would not have been understood. Even as late as the laws of Justinian it is still clearly a concept with which Roman lawyers struggled and found it difficult to examine sensibly.

In essence wrongs - what we call 'torts' - were the bulk of nearly all law. Murder and rape were regarded as offences that could be resolved through civil litigation and for which monetary compensation was perfectly satisfactory.

Nowadays the state appears to control every aspect of life and the law is no exception. Legal affairs have been based essentially upon the principle of order and control rather than on the basis of an individual having had his or her rights denied and therefore seeking remedy. This move away from the old individualist approach to law and towards the communitarian and authoritarian model is not in my opinion an advance but a regression towards a state in which it really is the case that the law has no connection with justice but simply represents the interests of the stronger.

Whatever special interest group is able to impose its agenda uses the law to oppress and control others. It is not justice to seek to turn American prisons into the most profitable source of slave labour known to the present world; it is not justice to subject repeat offenders to life imprisonment irrespective of the nature of their crime; it is not justice to execute people who have neither killed anyone nor conspired to kill anyone. All these actions are simply acts of tyranny carried out by an oppressive regime in the interests of preserving its control and of exploiting and tyrannising over the people.

Justice rests on the principle of mutually interdependent and mutually respected rights; law rests on the principle of unidirectional duty and with no corresponding reciprocity of obligation to protect others.

The law and justice are essentially incompatible and until the entire legal system is radically overhauled and refashioned on the basis of justice and human rights rather than a robotic obedience to unjust laws nothing but an invariant oppression can possibly result.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8383955720_a416f5ce32_m

The Milk-white Foal
-by Linda Marshall

By the riverside,
Where the water is wide,
While taking a stroll
I saw the milk-white foal.

White as the fallen snow
The coat she wore,
A mane that seemed to glow
Like shimmering lights beside the shore,
Her mother near,
She showed no fear
As she saw me there
With my dark hair.

When Spring was young
And blossom grew
Love's secret tongue
She knew,
And then her mighty stallion sired
A brood of horses swift as fire
That never tired,
Strong as wire.

Swiftly she flew
Through grey and blue
Skies up above
In her heady love.
Gladly her foal
Nuzzles her as she plays;
See her cajole
Her mother on the earth's green baize.

Swift as the chiding wind
The foal is disciplined
And learns the horses' way.
Hear in her steady neigh
How she has learned
Trot, canter, gallop and turn.
Watch how she lifts her weight
Over the gate.

Now spring has fled,
And summer departed,
Even fall's leaves are shed,
Winter has started.
The colour of snow
Bids her tarry, be slow,
Till spring comes again
She must chafe and remain.

Like the seasons, like life,
She'll be mother and wife,
And then she will fade,
Be laid in the shade,
For even the earth must die.
For all her proud speed
This lofty steed
Cannot hope to fly.

Like her we must wither
Into the bracken;
At death's 'come hither'
We may not slacken,
But, like the milk-white foal
Give him our body and soul.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  GBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  UBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  SBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  TBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EmptyBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  VBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  LBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  OBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  G

Youtube is filled with people who want to be a show host.
This is "Kevin". He's definitely strange, in a hypnotic sort of way.
But you tell me, he's worried the neighbor will think he's nuts. Is he?

Hunny

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8350599434_2636d38960_m

Congratulations! Smile

Thank you for having me and putting up with my ways.
Thank you for this honor. A Bit of This and A Bit of That
and you lovely people mean a great deal to me. I love
this place. It has such an easy going staff, and much the
opposite of earlier experiences, I've never felt oppressed
at all by heavy-handed modding. Bits gave me a home, a job,
and set me free to be myself. And I love you for it. Thanks.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  DBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  IBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  DBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EmptyBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  YBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  OBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  UBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EmptyBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  KBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  NBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  OBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  WBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Empty

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8380773308_ee7f8c76a3

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8016068030_07de9b6997_q

Married, father of 5 children - 4 daughters and one boy, with just the youngest two
surviving - Chips originated from Leicester UK and emigrated to Australia in 1971.
He decided to aim for a new career in the retail industry and started at the bottom
of the ladder. Two years later he became an executive trainee. He achieved the
rank of a senior manager 10 years later. In 1985 Chips purchased and operated
a mom & pop store (a delicatessen). Open 4am to 10pm, they made upward of
300 rolls and sandwiches every day of the year. He sold the business in 1995 and
did a weekly column in the Adelaide Sunday Mail until he officially retired in 2000.

December 21st came .... and went. Still here :-) Hope those of you that do Xmas all had a good Xmas. I certainly
ate too much. Lots of Xmassy stuff in this edition that didn’t get here early enough to be in our December edition.

My jaw drop of the week is the NRA response to the recent US school shooting. Arm the teachers?! Really!!! I feel sooo
sorry for Americans. I guess New Year's resolution over there must include lines like "I hope my babies don’t get shot
at school this year", but sadly, in the US, kids get shot at school every year. And then there are the fire-fighters ...

A Policeman on his horse says to little girl on her bike, "Did Santa get you
that?" "Yes," she replies. "Well tell Santa to put a reflector light on it next
year," and fines her £5. The little girl looks up at the Policeman and
says, "Nice horse you've got there. Did Santa bring you that too?" The
Policeman chuckles and replies, "He sure did!" "Well," says the little girl,
"Next year, tell Santa the d*ck goes under the horse, not on top of it"!

A Blue Rose (only because its Christmas)...

Having four visiting family members, my wife was very busy, so I offered to go to the store for her to get some needed items, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags, detergent and Clorox. So off I went. I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies and headed for the checkout counter, only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man who appeared to be about sixteen-years-old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there. This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, "Mommy, I'm over here." It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged and also startled as he turned and saw me standing so close to him, waiting to squeeze by. His eyes widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, "Hey Buddy, what's your name?""My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother," he responded proudly. "Wow," I said, "that's a cool name; I wish my name was Denny, but my name is Steve. " "Steve, like Stevarino?" he asked. "Yes," I answered. "How old are you Denny?" "How old am I now, Mommy?" he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle. "You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good boy and let the man pass by." I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement, because he was the centre of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section. Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him. I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow, and pink roses in God's Garden; however, "Blue Roses" are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a Blue Rose and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God. She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, "Who are you?" Without thinking I said, "Oh, I'm probably just a dandelion, but I sure love living in God's garden." She reached out, squeezed my hand and said, "God bless you!" and then I had tears in my eyes.

May I suggest, the next time you see a BLUE ROSE, whichever differences that person may have, don't turn your head and walk off. Take the time to smile and say Hello. Why? What a difference a moment can mean to that person or their family.

From an old dandelion! Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to the powers that be.

By Donna

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8253517971_bb72278b28_m

Married, with three children - a son and two daughters -
Donna works part-time as an office cleaner, loves the
countryside, West Ham United Football Club and politics.
In her spare time she writes as much as she can as well as
running three yahoo groups, four blogs and two other forums!

Matriarchal Attitudes and
The Dangers They Pose For Society
There’s a book called “Patriarchal Attitudes” which is full of feminist propaganda and lies. I thought it might be fun to take a look at some sort of imaginary book called “Matriarchal Attitudes” and to make criticisms of THEIR “values.”

I’ll start off by giving some definitions of a matriarchal society:

In a matriarchal society women make the key decisions, lay down the legal framework, hold positions of power, control money and other economic assets, lay down the cultural basis of the society and how it sees the world around it.

Feminists try to claim that society in the West is NOT matriarchal but it’s difficult to take their claims seriously. OK, the US hasn’t had a female President yet (though with Palin and Bachmann emerging as the flag-bearers for the conservative wing of the Republicans that seems to be changing) but Britain, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Norway, Indonesia, the Philippines, Argentina, Bangla Desh, Dominica and a number of other countries all have or have had female leaders.

The legal framework is overwhelmingly dominated by feminist ideas. In childcare, equal opportunities at work, affirmative action or positive discrimination programmes, divorce, custody of and access to children, child support, rape, domestic violence, hate speech, the crazy laws on obscenity, the pathetic slap on the wrist women get at best if they commit crimes compared with the harsh punishments men get for the same or even LESS serious offences – all these show pretty clearly, blatantly even, the total unfairness of where we are now and the way in which our society is being run in the interests of girls.

Look at the way the media presents violence against men – it’s made out like it was somehow men’s fault or, even worse, a joke. If it’s a woman who’s using violence against a man then somehow that’s just FUNNY but the other way round and it’s a crime!

In advertising, women are portrayed as being sensible, capable and in charge while men are shown as stupid, useless and not knowing what they’re doing.

In the law it’s all stacked in favour of the woman too. On every aspect of law girls do better than men. A man fighting a woman in court might as well throw in the towel because the law is set up to reflect matriarchal and feminist “values.”

The economy? In the US women hold most of the money. In the UK it’s not quite got to that stage yet but with girls routinely slapping men with alimony and taking half (at least) of what he’s got it’s going the same way fast. The economy is skewed in favour of feminist interests like welfare, child support, crèches, most healthcare spending going on females and so on. The latest statistics show that women aged 20-30 are earning MORE than men the same age and the trend is set to continue until most breadwinners in the family are female. It’s also becoming more and more common among younger couples for the GIRL to be the one who brings in the money and the man to be at home doing the housework and looking after the children. Not that I think that’s necessarily wrong, but it shows how the balance of power is tilted inexorably in favour of females. Men seem to be put upon and have a lot of duties laid upon them while girls seem to have all the rights and hardly any responsibilities.

The cultural basis of our society is definitely dominated by feminist and matriarchal ideas and by female wishes. We see films, documentaries (actually propaganda), books, magazines and so on, all catering to female interests and feminist ideas.

Matriarchy isn’t necessarily a question of numbers; it’s about a structure in society where women are dominant because of their access to or control over status-related positions and decisions, either directly or indirectly. The media is a feminist powerhouse for propaganda and keeping men down.

Matriarchy is enforced in a number of different ways – intimidation of men through physical violence (knowing the courts won’t believe the man when he tells about being abused by a girl so she can get away with it no matter how badly she hurts him); by denial of sex, false accusations of rape or threats to make such allegations; insisting upon (and getting) a special privileged legal, economic and political status for women; and attacking all attempts by men to co-operate and organise together or even RESIST feminist and matriarchal ideologies or oppressive behaviour as “sexism.”

Matriarchal societies make extensive use of the law, the government, the police and prisons to enforce their authoritarian and, to be honest, essentially fascist political agenda. They also go out of their way to encourage contempt and hatred for men and fight against any attempt by males to emancipate themselves. Girls are encouraged to look on men as the enemy to be fought and as tools to be used for their convenience.

Men are even expected to see themselves as oppressors and females as being victims, even though the opposite is almost always the case. They learn history – often renamed “herstory” – through a feminist propagandist view, they learn literature and art through a viewpoint of the “suppression” of female achievements; they are even told that females are the only role models for society to follow. Girls can do what they like and men get punished for even the smallest “offence” against feminist and matriarchal “values,”

Patriarchal societies place men at the heart of decision making. In a patriarchal society, the crime of rape is almost non-existent, as men’s rights (including their sexual rights) are placed at the heart of how the society is run. Men are allowed and encouraged to express themselves and be full members of society.

Masculism says that we live in a matriarchal society where the power structure is run in the interests of the matriarchy. They make quite a few points to show how they think this is true.

1 Women oppress men by claiming to be the only child-carer that matters.
2 The lives of men are seen as less important than those of girls and women.
3 Men are routinely given harsher sentences than women for the same criminal acts.
4 Excuses are routinely made for bad behaviour by women when men get punished severely for their own excesses
5 Women expect men to support them financially either directly or indirectly through the tax system, alimony and so on.
6 Women expect men not to attack them but to be free to attack men.
7 Women expect men to protect them but to be free not to protect men.
8 Women expect men to do all the dangerous jobs and just keep the cushy little work for themselves.
9 Women live longer than men and yet the matriarchy won’t allow any sort of investigation in to why this is true or any funding to improve the situation.
10 Women get the lion’s share of healthcare funding even though men die younger and get more illnesses.
11 Men kill themselves more often than women, because they’ve become victims of matriarchal oppression, matriarchal structures and gender defined subservience.
12 Men have to risk their lives in war while women get off scot free and sit at hope just criticising them.
13 Female genital mutilation is condemned while male genital mutilation is allowed or even encouraged.
14 Girls do better than boys in school because most teachers are female and the curriculum and structure of education are dominated by females and by feminist ideas.
15 If a girl has sex with a man and gets pregnant it’s her choice to have or to abort the baby and he has no say.
16 A girl can consent to sex without consenting to pregnancy. A man can’t because if he gets her pregnant he is responsible even if he didn’t want to have the child and even if he thought the girl was using contraception but she lied.
17 Just being pregnant gives a girl automatic parental rights while a man has to do much more than that to have any kind of rights – which anyway are only discretionary ones – over the kid.

How valid are these masculist criticisms of what they see as our matriarchal society? In the first place it’s quite a mixed bag of arguments. Some are about laws and economics; some about biology and psychology; and some about attitudes and behaviour.

Obviously laws and economic problems can be changed and improved; attitudes and behaviour can alter either individually or in general over time. Psychology, unless we’re going to engage in mass brainwashing, is a much tougher nut to crack and biology, except I guess with genetic engineering, almost impossible to change.

The problem of boys

An adult man might get irritated or bored or just dismiss the public assault on his gender. If he’s a confident and established person it shouldn’t bother him much. But this is entirely different for boys who grow up in all this bombardment with female superiority. Since the 80’s or even before that, boys have been born right into the battlefield of a gender assault and they’re the real victims. In this decade, for the first time, we’re seeing a generation of young adult men who grew up in this hostile and female-dominated environment and we’re only now beginning to see the results of this mass hatred of their gender.

Boys grow up with the idea that feminine values are the only ones that are good and that male values are worthless and/or evil. They grow up being told constantly that females know best and that they should feel ashamed of being male. Of course the result of all this propaganda and conditioning is obvious. The boys end up going one of two ways – either they become all feminized and poofy or else they react against their female oppressors.

Violence against girls and women isn’t irrational or mindless cruelty; it’s a rational act of self-defence against feminist oppression. Don’t blame boys for striking out, beating up girls or raping them or whatever. They’re just trying to survive in a hostile and female-dominated society where their contributions aren’t valued and they’re oppressed on every level.

Boys are literally crushed at school by the feminists and matriarchs. With only 1 in 4 teachers male, the boys being constantly subjected to relentless bombardment by feminist propaganda, it’s not surprising that they totally underperform girls. And the feminists use their failure as ammunition (or, as they call it, “evidence”) that GIRLS were held back and that boys are naturally stupid.

Women are becoming dominant in “professional” jobs and men are becoming more and more badly treated by the education system. We’re cantering full tilt towards a matriarchy or, even worse, a female supremacist society.

The present trend, growing all the time, is that more and more families will have a female breadwinner and a male homemaker and child carer. Most families will have a situation where the girl is more educated than the man.

How matriarchy rules

With the bulk of purchasing power coming to be in the hands of females, advertising, the commercial world, banks, the media and so on will more or less ignore men and their own needs and interests. They will go for the cash cow of the female consumer and target girls and women as their likely purchasers. Even in traditional male areas of advertising and such, like cars and DIY, the producers and marketers will aim their products mainly at women. This is already happening and is an increasing trend. Property too will be aimed largely at a female client base.

In the field of employment, bosses will gear (as they already are increasingly) the work place towards the “needs” of their female workers. Men will become more and more marginal in terms of the employment market, largely confined to low paid, low status jobs while the girls get all the “plum” positions. Even in the workplace, crèches and similar things will become the norm which will increase the number of single mother families. Men will be seen more or less as sperm donors and not much else. They will, unless they’re lucky enough to become a male homemaker, find themselves shut out of family life as well as meaningful employment.

Once women own most of the wealth and make most of the financial decisions in our society, both on the level of the home and in the wider world of work and so on, politics will become increasingly dominated by female interests. It won’t necessarily mean that all or even most politicians and leader will be female but it will mean that women’s interests will be the first and most important consideration for any political parties who want to gain power. They will have to put what women want first and put the interests and needs of men and boys right at the bottom of the pile when it comes to decision making. Because the higher paid and higher status jobs will be dominated by women, they in turn will make sure that only females get promoted and men are held back or squeezed out of certain kinds of work altogether. It’s just possible that they might start introducing “affirmative action” and “positive discrimination” programmes for men but I doubt it somehow.

Men and boys, frustrated at the lack of opportunities for them and the lack of value given to their contributions, will increasingly “drop out” or go into crime. Violence against women, rape and “femicide” will increase. Men already commit suicide at a far higher rate than girls and more male suicides can confidently be expected. Male homelessness, already far higher than that of women, will also increase, especially as very few men will be able to afford to buy or even rent a home with the female-dominated economy.

The role of men in a matriarchal society

I think men will find themselves serving in the armed forces, doing the heavy construction work and stuff like that. I can’t see many girls voluntarily going down the mines or fighting in Afghanistan or whatever so men are likely to still have to do that sort of thing. If men decided to go on strike against the matriarchy, or even to stage a military coup, I don’t see how the women could win against them. Whether they’d achieve anything other than just smashing the feminist power structure is dubious, though, because with all the economic power held by females it would be tough for the males to take back power.

So how can the problems between men and women be resolved? That’s a big question and I’m going to deal with it in several separate pieces on my blog.

I’d just like to say that I think a matriarchal society is harmful to both genders and that we’d be far better off IMO by returning to the values of a patriarchal society or even a radical masculist way of doing things.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  6'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  CBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  OBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  NBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  TBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  EBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  SBits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  T

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Every month, a different contest! This month...Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  3735250687

WRITE AN ESSAY

This month we want you to write us an essay of your choice.
Now before you say "Oh, I don't want to do that", listen, everyone
is a bit of an expert on something. People love to share their expertise.
So set us straight! If you don't want to do that, write about anything
you feel strongly about. Or tell us about your dog. Tell us what you hate,
love, want, miss, feel frustrated by. Vent if you want. Anything. Be creative!
Write us a compelling argument why you should be King of The World. Tell us
why humans should have a third arm. Use your imagination. Tell us how to do
something you know how to do, why your dog should be President, that you
have proof the light stays on in the fridge after you close the door!, why your
car rules... Two paragraphs is sufficient, more if you want (any length is ok).

Post entries here by February 6.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Val

CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  Click_006

(Don't forget to read the rest of the magazine!)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  7943553646_77ab61ef48

Our Bits & Pieces snoop has been watching, and taking pictures of things that happened during the month...

*These are actual pictures of American shoppers, at Wal-Mart (yes, they went out of their houses that way).

There seems to be an awful lot of this going on -
fetishists publicly getting a thrill.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389786416_c850c9695a_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389786382_58b5c3ae0d_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389786330_4df0985f3b_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388699965_04bf8c3253

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388699935_180bd2976b_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388699897_c95208fc57_z

And then there's what's going on out in the parking lot!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388719763_a61d3b534e_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389806654_ece8e4a6ef_z

Looking for a good time, Mister?

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388719715_a33d62d6fd

Wearing pants half way down still in fashion...

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388734837_b20c0408aa_z

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389821484_7a2825ef6b

Oh come on, how does this woman do anything?

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388741301_d1c8c2de92

Yea, that looks good Walter. No one can even tell.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388741643_a828af212d_z

That's not something I'd be seen doing.

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389828472_142f455034_z

I think those might be a little too small, Shirley

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389828814_d43e468ab1_z

hmm...the tin foil hat is not the only means of protection after all!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8389829110_5aab078a53_z

Hey, no pets in the store!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388742721_224245e64d_z

Well, I don't know about you, but I've worked up an
appetite after all that. Say, let's go eat at this guy's house!
*thinks* ..I guess I've been in the store too long!

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  8388742585_6c97b9d637_z

SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH!
Feel free to leave comments, please!

People who regularly help others are significantly happier
and less likely to become depressed as they get older.

Bits & Pieces
CONTRIBUTING STAFF
Big Lin
MikeMarshall
Sadie1263
Hunny
Donna
Chips

Bits & Pieces MAGAZINE - issue 05 - Jan 2013  H1D8926BE

If you have anything to be printed in next month's issue, send it to Hunny (click).

Copyrighted material re-printed herein is with permission, or for purpose of review or education, by allowance
- in the U.S. - of the Fair Use Act. We do not claim ownership of said material. Our writers do claim copyright
of their own material, by-lined or not. To contact the Editor, click here.
Hunny
Hunny
Admin

Female Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum